We have come up with a lengthy list of good research paper topics that will come in handy if you are running out of research paper ideas. Sounds like something you can use? Then don’t hesitate to make the most out of it!
And if you would rather order a whole piece from a professional, we can be of much help here too. Our research paper writing service can craft a piece for you at any time and on any topic. Just drop us a line!
But before we dive into various topics we have to offer, consider checking out our recommendations on how to find argumentative research paper topics all by yourself.
What is a good topic for a research paper?
There are several facets of a good research paper topic. To put it short, your theme should be:
When you pose a topic for your research, be sure that it is clear. A reader should be able to understand its purpose right away. If he doesn’t, you did not do a very good job formulating the subject line. Innovative. No kidding: you should do your best to be innovative even if you are writing a paper on something as old as time. It might not be simple, but we’re sure you can find a new perspective if you dedicate enough time to the search. Specific. The paper must contain precise figures or facts. They are at the core of your research. Don’t confuse this type of composition with the descriptive writing. They have nothing in common. So, focus on precise data: that’s exactly what your.
No kidding: you should do your best to be innovative even if you are writing a paper on something as old as time. It might not be simple, but we’re sure you can find a new perspective if you dedicate enough time to the search.
The paper must contain precise figures or facts. They are at the core of your research. Don’t confuse this type of composition with the descriptive writing. They have nothing in common. So, focus on precise data: that’s exactly what your readers expect from you.
These are the three characteristics of a good topic for your piece. As long you as make sure your subject has all of them, you got yourself a subject line. Now, let’s see where you should look for topics (unless you opt for a shortcut and decide to order a great written piece with HandMade Writing).
How to choose interesting research paper topics
Before you take one of the topics we suggest, we recommend you to try to come up with a good topic yourself. It might be easier than you think. Here are several ways to spot an interesting idea:
Think of something you find interesting.
There are always things we find astonishing but don’t have enough time to explore deeper. Maybe this is your chance to give it some time and conduct in-depth research. Of course, take into account the discipline and the academic level required. Thus, it’s pretty clear that you can’t talk about the Vietnam War for the Social Studies class paper (unless you’re looking into the differences of the military operations impact on the civilians and soldiers).
Choose a topic with sufficient data for the research.
The main point of writing this paper lies in finding information at various credible sources and refining it. Therefore, if you pick a subject that is somewhat new or wasn’t studied well in the past, you’ll have no information to work with. That is why the availability of credible information is vital to the success of the writing process.
Narrow the subject down.
The subject you find great interest in might be too broad. Not to sound too shallow, it’s better for you to pick just one perspective of the problem and study it carefully. This way you will be able to dive deep enough into the research instead of just hitting the high spots.
These are our recommendations on how to choose a theme on your own. Now let’s look into other tips we’d like to offer to you before you get down to writing.
Related post: How to write an Argumentative essay
Tips on writing a research paper
- Write an outline.
An outline will help you stay focused. Since this type of writing is quite lengthy, it is easy to lose track along the way. That is why crafting a detailed outline is in your best interest. It will serve as a roadmap or a blueprint of the whole project.
- Start bright.
You only have one chance to make a positive first impression. That is why you simply cannot afford writing a dull introduction. There are certain rules on how to start a research paper, and you’d better stick to the rules as described in our guide. A bright opening paragraph will ensure the genuine interest of your audience in what you have to say about the topic and will keep them engaged as you write.
- Use immaculate grammar and spelling.
Nothing kills a good paper like poor grammar or spelling. It distracts the reader from the main point and makes him stumble while reading. And if you’re worried that grammar and spelling checking will take up too much of your time, don’t worry: you can always use technologies like Grammarly to do the job for you in seconds.
- Compose a compelling thesis statement.
A thesis statement is the central point of your research paper. You need to insert it in the introduction and make sure that this central idea is exactly one sentence long. Make it loud and clear. However, given the length of this vital part of a research paper, don’t bore readers with too many unnecessary details. This means that you should mention what issue you will look into and why but don’t explain in which ways you will achieve this. Here is a complete guide on how to write a thesis statement that will walk you through the process step by step. Enjoy!
- Stay within the word count limits.
This type of writing has a rather strict word count limit. And your job is to stay within it. Tutors don’t have all the time in the world to read long pieces. If you can’t stay within word count limits, they’ll assume you didn’t spend enough time filtering the most vital information out of the research (even if you did). So, not to give them that false impression, don’t make it too short or too long. Make it just right. This is the case when the size matters!
- Ask for help.
After spending long hours crafting this paper, you are likely to miss some important points. The thing is that you know exactly what you wanted to say, and mistakes seem to be left unnoticed. Not to let them slip into your text, ask your peers, friends, or family to take a look at your writing. Their fresh perspective might be of much help to you!
How to write an outline for a research paper
As you know, an outline serves as a blueprint for your writing project. In other words, students that craft outlines for research papers map their ways through their writing ensuring that not a single vital piece of information is lost along the way.
To write or not to write is not even a question. It’s an absolute must.
However, you might be having troubles figuring out how exactly to do it right. While you can find all the essential information in our guide on how to write a perfect research paper outline, here we’ll introduce you to the basics.
- Find an engaging topic. For it, read on to see what subject line we have to offer.
- Create a list of credible sources to take a look at. You can either ask you tutor for recommendations, surf the web, or go old school and visit a library for suggestions.
- Mark all the elements you will add to your outline.
- Briefly explain what each of these components will be about. But don’t bury the blueprint under too many details. Keep it short!
- Finally, find good examples to explore. There are plenty of good ideas online, but we strongly recommend to check out the samples we added into the research paper outline guide mentioned above.
Now, that you understand how to craft a plan for your paper, have our tips to help you out along the way, your only job is to find good topic ideas to write about. And we can help you with that too!
Top-notch research paper topics list
Now that you know your ways around crafting good research papers, we want to introduce you to our list of various ideas you can conduct a thorough research on. Use our ideas if coming up with your own is something you don’t want to deal with at the moment.
Psychology research paper topics
- Are people with the IQ level above the average really unhappy?
- Eating disorders: Are they necessarily associated with the self-image issues?
- The impact of stress on the mental health of a person.
- The nature and causes of child violence.
- Insomnia as a valid excuse for breaking the rules or committing crimes.
- Race relations in the USA in the 20th century and today.
- The nature and causes of sexual orientation: Different perspectives on the issue.
Easy research paper topics
- The glass ceiling: Myth or reality?
- Popular ventures started without money.
- The history of the social media boom around the globe.
- Top tech startups of the 21st century.
- Video games and their impact on the development of young people.
- Animal testing across the globe.
- Is global warming real?
- Has the Internet become a safer place with the cybersecurity principles implementation?
- The impact of the screen time on a child’s mental development.
- The US election system: The history and principles behind it.
World history research paper topics
- The life and traditions of the first Gladiators.
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Bits and pieces of the tragedy.
- The history of Singapore: From worst to first.
- North Korea: Dictatorship ideology and its complications.
- The establishment of the League of Nations.
- Racial discrimination origins.
- The history of the Gutenberg Bible.
- The most powerful opponent of Germany in the WWI.
- Egyptian pyramids: The history and meaning.
- The history of Christianity.
Controversial topics for research paper
- The history of modern Israel.
- Abortion: “My body – my rules” or the discrimination of the unborns’ rights?
- How Facebook shaped the way people communicate today.
- Beauty pageants: Celebration of the beauty or discrimination in disguise?
- Death penalty around the globe.
- Implications of gun control in the USA.
- Creationism against Evolution.
- Physical punishment as a core principle of children’s upbringing.
- The origins of the “invasion of privacy” notion across the world.
- The impact of social media addiction on young people.
- Genetic predisposition to committing a crime.
High school research paper topics
- School uniform: The good, the bad, and the ugly.
- The effect of sexual acts displays on TV.
- The American Dream of Generation X and the Millennials.
- Biggest cults existing today in the world.
- Learning disabilities: Their nature, causes, and solutions.
- The history of Somalia.
- The portrayal of a woman in the social media today and 20 years ago.
- Freedom of expression.
- The poorest nations in the world.
- The effect of feminism on Europe.
- The impact of classical music on one’s brain.
Literature research paper topics
- The relevance of the US Literature class choices to the modern youth.
- Examples of literature pieces that shaped whole cultures across the globe.
- Feminism in literature.
- The issue of the Holocaust in the world’s literature.
- The first translations of the Bible.
- Literature known to be most effective in the struggle against illiteracy in different cultures.
- The brightest images of Death in literature.
- The history of the slavery in Africa in world literature.
- Romanticism in Spanish literature.
- The moralism of the British literature of the 20th century.
College research paper topics
- Success stories of college dropouts.
- The rarest phobias and fears people have.
- The history of e-learning around the globe.
- Can higher education grant the successful future career?
- Should grades be banned from the educational system?
- The use and harm of vaccination.
- The new emerging specializations and professions of the 21st century.
- The most effective teaching methods today.
- The History of the Ivy League.
- College re-organization for the better future of education.
- Private vs. Public colleges in the USA: Pros and cons.
Persuasive research paper topics
- Antisemitism origins.
- Sex education pushes the youth to involve in sexual relations too early.
- The last days of newspapers in our media-controlled world.
- The danger of the GMO.
- Impact of Instagram on teenagers’ self-esteem.
- Pros and cons of studying at a single-sex school.
- Overpopulation management.
- Deforestation: Are we digging our own grave this way?
- People using cell phones while driving should be held criminally liable.
- Paying children for good grades: Different perspectives on the issue.
Sports research paper topics
- The greatest athlete in the history of the world.
- The history of the Olympic Games.
- Why are cybersports considered sports?
- The history of marathons and their use today.
- Doping in sports.
- The use of playing competitive sports.
- The most dangerous sports from all over the world.
- Should sports be used as a therapy in prisons?
- Should student athletes be paid for playing sports?
- The effect of physical activities on the human’s brain.
Criminal justice research paper topics
- Prisoners falsely accused and then released should receive financial compensation from the state.
- Sexual harassment problem in Europe and the USA.
- Should corporate abuse be considered a criminal injustice case?
- The death penalty in different countries.
- Hate crime history in the USA.
- Control over the brutal behavior of guardsmen at prisons.
- Should mental issues affect the court judgment?
- Sex slavery: Should people buying and selling sex slaves be sentenced to the death penalty?
- Should the criminals be allowed to vote?
- Two sides of the Mandatory Minimum sentencing.
Topics about technology for the research paper
- Will artificial intelligence substitute humans at a workplace?
- Saving the Earth today with the aid of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Self-driving cars development history.
- The history of Virtual and Augmented realities.
- Positive use of the nuclear energy and the future.
- How does the lie detector work? Is this a trustworthy technology?
- The history of aviation in the world.
Medical research paper topics
- Why animal testing should be stopped.
- The history of the Placebo treatment.
- Euthanasia: What doctors from different countries think about it.
- The use of vegetarianism: The myth or reality?
- Mental breakdown: Causes and prevention.
- The notion of mood in medicine.
- Should marijuana be allowed for recreational purposes?
- Should vaccination be mandatory?
- The history of plague in Europe.
- The most dangerous virus of today.
Ethics research paper topics
- Religion and morality: Are people with strong moral beliefs more moral than atheists?
- Should teachers be allowed to carry weapons to school?
- Prostitution across the globe.
- Should recycling be made mandatory?
- Paparazzi and the invasion of celebrities’ privacy.
- Parents should monitor their kids’ Internet use.
- Do laws generally patronize women and discriminate against men?
- Adoption by single parents vs. adoption by a two-parent family today.
- Countries that use child labor: Should we use their products?
- Should breastfeeding in public be banned?
We hope our research paper topics ideas will help you pick a theme you are genuinely interested in. We promise: conducting research and diving into the search can be a lot of fun as long as you choose an engaging subject.